Impact Revolution Overview
Impact Revolution is a way of starting a massive organisation-wide movement focused at improving individual and collective impact and capability. It keys into and equips people to realise their dreams and ambitions to have an impact and make a difference, starting with their immediate challenges and workload.
Instead of coercing people to buy into an externally driven agenda, Impact Revolution buys into them and their agenda – into their innate and often dormant desire to do and be part of something more significant and meaningful. It capitalises on their interests, ambition, capability and potential and supports and equips them, in-flight, to realise their individual and collective potential, by helping them shape their efforts to have the biggest, broadest and most immediate impact.
Impact Revolution comprises a fortnightly series of intriguing, inspiring and transforming informal discussion forums specifically designed to act as a catalyst for creating an organisation-wide movement of people and groups who are already seeking to have a bigger impact and make a bigger difference to the organisation and beyond.
It establishes a self-perpetuating and self-reinforcing pull-system for the collection, creation and dissemination of dramatic improvement insights, solutions and capability.
Impact Revolution JumpStart!
Impact Revolution Jumpstart! is a Prodsol Support Service that establishes the first one or two Impact Revolution Groups within an organisation.
A Prodsol Impact Revolution facilitator hosts the fortnightly meetings, proactively following-up with each group member and providing ad hoc support between meetings via email, phone and restricted-access online discussion.
Impact Revolution Jumpstart! is inexpensive and light-footprint and is designed to be shaped by leadership and become integrated into organisational culture over time.
Here are some sample topics that members can vote to cover in their Impact Revolution group:
- Time Allocation Planning - a way of re-allocating time and energy to the things that have the most impact - rather than the things that you can have the most impact on.
- TEASE [target|enhance|accelerate|streamline|energise] - the five ways in which almost anything can be improved and simple, counter-intuitive things you can do to improve them - individually or in concert - within your immediate workload and challenges.
- Defragmenting Time & Focus - free up 25% of the time and energy that you don't even know that you're wasting.
- Physiological Impacts on Mood and Performance - emerging science on the impact of exercise, nutrition, hydration, sleep and play on brain and physical performance.
- Psychological Techniques to dramatically improve your cognitive and physical performance.
- Deliberate Mastery - how to deliberately and systematically grow and disseminate capability.
- Leadership Instigation - how to grow and disseminate leadership capability.
- Authentic Relationships - how to heal rifts and secure alignment and synergy when it really matters.
- Process and Practice Optimisation - a library of over a dozen techniques for getting significantly better throughput and lead-times on way lower costs and effort.
- Intervention Management Technique - how to quickly diagnose what's holding a project or initiative back and work out exactly what to do to enhance, accelerate, streamline and energise it.
- DemandGeneration - simple techniques for generating dramatically more qualified business and consumer prospects, by equipping prospects to self-diagnose their needs for your products and self-select your products and services.
- Sales Acceleration - how to increase monthly gross profit through sales by identifying and overcoming the buy-cycle friction points.
- Operations Streamlining - how to improve throughput, lead-time, quality, cost and effort concurrently through flow-optimisation.
- ProductionFlow - how to improve throughput while reducing inventory and waste thought flow-optimisation.
- ProjectFlow - how to reduce project duration, while increasing impact and reducing cost, by switching the asymmetry of projects to finish ahead of schedule, under on cost and beyond expectations in scope.
This is just a selection of the topics that Impact Revolution Groups can choose from.
Philosophy and Rationale
Underlying the Impact Revolution are the following key assertions
- From the participant perspective
- People have a deep-seated desire to succeed, excel, have an impact, make a difference and gain mastery. It may be dormant - but it's there, in nearly everyone.
- Providing them with an opportunity to satisfy that desire, by equipping them, in a self-determining way, to succeed, excel, have an impact, make a difference and gain mastery is highly attractive to them. This is infinitely better, for them, than being coerced to do things that they either don't understand or don't believe in or are just plain "wrong".
- As a consequence they embrace the idea with open arms - often being astounded that this is being paid for by the organisation.
- From the organisational perspective
- The primary constraint on organisational, national and global societal performance isn't the situation and circumstances of the day and era, but individual and collective capability in overcoming and capitalising on them.
- A key dimension of this constraint is capability and capacity for change and the conventional approach of trying to secure buy-in is both flawed and unnecessary - especially as people have such a deep-seated desire to have greater impact, make a bigger difference and gain greater mastery already.
- If we provide people with help and support in improving their impact and mastery - effectively buying into their capability and helping them become informed and competent, we secure way deeper, more sustainable and self-reinforcing growth in mastery at a fraction of the cost, in a fraction of the time - focused exactly where the organisation most needs it.